2.29.1 See full changelog
- Release Oct 6, 2020
Updated deprecation message, bugfix in hi locale
2.29.0 See full changelog
- Release Sept 22, 2020
New locales (es-mx, bn-bd). Minor bugfixes and locale improvements. More tests. Moment is in maintenance mode. Read more at this link: https://momentjs.com/docs/#/-project-status/
2.28.0 See full changelog
- Release Sept 13, 2020
Fix bug where .format() modifies original instance, and locale updates
2.27.0 See full changelog
- Release June 18, 2020
Added Turkmen locale, other locale improvements, slight TypeScript fixes
2.26.0 See full changelog
- Release May 19, 2020
TypeScript fixes and many locale improvements
- Release May 4, 2020
Remove package.json module property. It looks like webpack behaves differently for modules loaded via module vs jsnext:main.
- Release May 4, 2020
This release includes ES Module bundled moment, separate from it’s source code under dist/ folder. This might alleviate issues with finding the `./locale subfolder for loading locales. This might also mean now webpack will bundle all locales automatically, unless told otherwise.
- Release May 1, 2020
This is a quick patch release to address some of the issues raised after releasing 2.25.0.
- 2e268635 [misc] Revert #5269 due to webpack warning
- 226799e1 [locale] fil: Fix metadata comment
- a83a521 [bugfix] Fix typeoff usages
- e324334 [pkg] Add ts3.1-typings in npm package
- 28cc23e [misc] Remove deleted generated locale en-SG
2.25.0 See full changelog
Release May 1, 2020
- #4611 022dc038 [feature] Support for strict string parsing, fixes #2469
- #4599 4b615b9d [feature] Add support for eras in en and jp
- 18 bigfixes
- 36 locale fixes
- 5 new locales (oc-lnc, zh-mo, en-in, gom-deva, fil)
2.24.0 See full changelog
Release Jan 21, 2019
- #4338 [bugfix] Fix startOf/endOf DST issues while boosting performance
- #4553 [feature] Add localeSort param to Locale weekday methods
- #4887 [bugfix] Make Duration#as work with quarters
- 3 new locales (it-ch, ga, en-SG)
- Lots of locale improvements
2.23.0 See full changelog
Release Dec 12, 2018
- #4863 [new locale] added Kurdish language (ku)
- #4417 [bugfix] isBetween should return false for invalid dates
- #4700 [bugfix] Fix #4698: Use ISO WeekYear for HTML5_FMT.WEEK
- #4563 [feature] Fix #4518: Add support to add/subtract ISO weeks
- other locale changes, build process changes, typos
2.22.2 See full changelog
Release May 31, 2018
- #4564 [bugfix] Avoid using trim()
- #4453 [bugfix] Treat periods as periods, not regex-anything period, for weekday parsing in strict mode.
- Minor locale improvements (pa-in, be, az)
2.22.1 See full changelog
Release Apr 14, 2018
- #4495 [bugfix] Added HTML5_FMT to moment.d.ts
- Minor locale improvements
- QUnit upgrade and coveralls reporting
2.22.0 See full changelog
Release Mar 30, 2018
- #4423 [new locale] Added Mongolian locale mn
- Various locale improvements
- Minor misc changes
2.21.0 See full changelog
Release Mar 2, 2018
- #4391 [bugfix] Fix #4390: use offset properly in toISOString
- #4310 [bugfix] Fix #3883 lazy load parentLocale in defineLocale, fallback to global if missing
- #4085 [misc] Print console warning when setting non-existent locales
- #4371 [misc] fix deprecated rollup options
- New locales: ug-cn, en-il, tg
- Various locale improvements
2.20.1 See changelog
Release Dec 18, 2017
- #4359 [locale] Fix Arabic locale for months (again)
- #4357 [misc] Add optional parameter keepOffset to toISOString
2.20.0 See full changelog
Release Dec 16, 2017
- #4312 [bugfix] Fix #4251: Avoid RFC2822 in utc() test
- #4240 [bugfix] Fix incorrect strict parsing with full-width parentheses
- #4341 [feature] Prevent toISOString converting to UTC (issue #1751)
- #4154 [feature] add format constants to support output to HTML5 input type formats (see #3928)
- #4143 [new locale] mt: Maltese language
- #4183 [locale] Relative seconds i18n
- Various other locale improvements
2.19.4 See changelog
Release Dec 10, 2017
- #4332 [bugfix] Fix weekday verification for UTC and offset days (fixes #4227)
- #4336 [bugfix] Fix #4334: Remove unused function call argument
- #4246 [misc] Add ‘ss’ relative time key to typescript definition
2.19.3 See changelog
Release Nov 29, 2017
- #4326 [bugfix] Fix for ReDOS vulnerability (see #4163)
- #4289 [misc] Fix spelling and formatting for U.S. for es-us
Release Nov 11, 2017
- #4255 [bugfix] Fix year setter for random days in a leap year, fixes #4238
- #4242 [bugfix] updateLocale now tries to load parent, fixes #3626
- Release Oct 11, 2017
Make react native and webpack both work
- #4225 #4226 #4232
2.19.0 See full changelog
- Release Oct 10, 2017
Fix React Native 0.49+ crash
- #4213 [critical] Rename dynamic require to avoid React Native crash
- #4214 [fixup] Move require rename inside try/catch, fixes #4213
- #3735 [feature] Ignore NaN values in setters
- #4106 [fixup] Drop isNumeric utility fn, fixes #3735
- #4080 [feature] Implement a clone method for durations, fixes #4078
- #4215 [misc] TS: Add duration.clone(), for #4080
- #4003 [pkg] bower: Remove tests from package
- #3904 [pkg] jsnext:main -> module in package.json
- #4060 [pkg] Account for new rollup interface
Bugfixes, new locales, locale fixes etc…
Release Mar 22, 2017
#3853 [misc] Fix invalid whitespace character causing inability to parse moment.js
2.18.0 See full changelog
- Release Mar 18, 2017
- #3708 [feature] RFC2822 parsing
- #3611 [feature] Durations gain validity
- #3738 [feature] Enable relative time for multiple seconds, request #2558
- #3766 [feature] Add support for k and kk format parsing
- #3643 [bugfix] Fixes #3520, parseZone incorrectly handled minutes under 16
- #3710 [bugfix] Fixes #3632, toISOString returns null for invalid date
- #3787 [bugfix] Fixes #3717, ensure day-of-year is non-zero
- #3780 [bugfix] Fixes #3765: Ensure year 0 is formatted with YYYY
- #3806 [bugfix] Fixes #3805, fix locale month getters for standalone/format cases
7 new locales, many locale improvements and some misc changes
2.17.1 Also available here
Release Dec 03, 2016
- #3638 [misc] TS: Make typescript definitions work with 1.x
- #3628 [misc] Adds “sign CLA” link to
- #3640 [misc] Fix locale issues
2.17.0 Also available here
Release Nov 22, 2016
- #3435 [new locale] yo: Yoruba (Nigeria) locale
- #3595 [bugfix] Fix accidental reference to global “value” variable
- #3506 [bugfix] Fix invalid moments returning valid dates to method calls
- #3563 [locale] ca: Change future relative time
- #3504 [tests] Fixes #3463, parseZone not handling Z correctly (tests only)
- #3591 [misc] typescript: update typescript to 2.0.8, add strictNullChecks=true
- #3597 [misc] Fixed capitalization in nuget spec
2.16.0 See full changelog
- Release Nov 9, 2016
- #3530 [feature] Check whether input is date before checking if format is array
- #3515 [feature] Fix #2300: Default to current week.
- #3546 [bugfix] Implement lazy-loading of child locales with missing prents
- #3523 [bugfix] parseZone should handle UTC
- #3502 [bugfix] Fix #3500: ISO 8601 parsing should match the full string, not the beginning of the string.
- #3581 [bugfix] Fix parseZone, redo #3504, fix #3463
- #3416 [new locale] nl-be: Dutch (Belgium) locale
- #3393 [new locale] ar-dz: Arabic (Algeria) locale
- #3342 [new locale] tet: Tetun Dili (East Timor) locale
And more locale, build and typescript improvements
- Release Oct 23, 2016
- #3525 Speedup month standalone/format regexes (IMPORTANT)
- #3466 Fix typo of Javanese
2.15.0 See full changelog
- Release Sept 12, 2016
- #3255 [new locale] mi: Maori language
- #3267 [new locale] ar-ly: Arabic (Libya) locale
- #3333 [new locale] zh-hk: Chinese (Hong Kong) locale
- #3276 [bugfix] duration: parser: Support ms durations in .NET syntax
- #3312 [bugfix] locales: Enable locale-data getters without moment (fixes #3284)
- #3381 [bugfix] parsing: Fix parseZone without timezone in string, fixes #3083
- #3383 [bugfix] toJSON: Fix isValid so that toJSON works after a moment is frozen
- #3427 [bugfix] ie8: Fix IE8 (regression in 2.14.x)
- #3299 [pkg] npm: Do not include .npmignore in npm package
- #3273 [pkg] jspm: Include moment.d.ts file in package
- #3344 [pkg] exports: use module.require for nodejs
Also some locale and typescript improvements
- Release July 20, 2016
- #3280 Fix typescript definitions
2.14.0 See full changelog
- Release July 20, 2016
- #3233 Introduce month.isFormat for format/standalone discovery
- #2848 Allow user to get/set the rounding method used when calculating relative time
- #3112 optimize configFromStringAndFormat
- #3147 Call calendar format function with moment context
- #3160 deprecate isDSTShifted
- #3175 make moment calendar extensible with ad-hoc options
- #3191 toDate returns a copy of the internal date object
- #3192 Adding support for rollup import.
- #3238 Handle empty object and empty array for creation as now
- #3082 Use relative AMD moment dependency
- #3241 Escape all 24 mixed pieces, not only first 12 in computeMonthsParse
- #3008 Object setter orders sets based on size of unit
- #3177 Bug Fix #2704 - isoWeekday(String) inconsistent with isoWeekday(Number)
- #3230 fix passing date with format string to ignore format string
- #3232 Fix negative 0 in certain diff cases
- #3235 Use proper locale inheritance for the base locale, fixes #3137
Plus es-do locale and locale bugfixes
2.13.0 See full changelog
- Release April 18, 2016
- #2982 Add ‘date’ as alias to ‘day’ for startOf() and endOf().
- #2955 Add parsing negative components in durations when ISO 8601
- #2991 isBetween support for both open and closed intervals
- #3105 Add localeSorted argument to weekday listers
- #3102 Add k and kk formatting tokens
- #3109 Fix #1756 Resolved thread-safe issue on server side.
- #3078 Fix parsing for months/weekdays with weird characters
- #3098 Use Z suffix when in UTC mode (#3020)
- #2995 Fix floating point rounding errors in durations
- #3059 fix bug where diff returns -0 in month-related diffs
- #3045 Fix mistaking any input for ‘a’ token
- #2877 Use explicit .valueOf() calls instead of coercion
- #3036 Year setter should keep time when DST changes
Plus 3 new locales and locale fixes.
2.12.0 See full changelog
- Release March 7, 2016
- #2932 List loaded locales
- #2818 Parse ISO-8061 duration containing both day and week values
- #2774 Implement locale inheritance and locale updating
- #2970 change add subtract to handle decimal values by rounding
- #2887 Fix toJSON casting of invalid moment
- #2897 parse string arguments for month() correctly, closes #2884
- #2946 Fix usage suggestions for min and max
- #2917 Locale Punjabi(Gurmukhi) India format conversion
2.11.2 (Fix ReDoS attack vector)
Release February 7, 2016
#2939 use full-string match to speed up aspnet regex match
2.11.1 See full changelog
- Release January 9, 2016
- #2881 Revert “Merge pull request #2746 from mbad0la:develop” Sep->Sept
- #2868 Add format and parse token Y, so it actually works
- #2865 Use typeof checks for undefined for global variables
- #2858 Fix Date mocking regression introduced in 2.11.0
- #2864 Include changelog in npm release
- #2830 dep: add grunt-cli
- #2869 Fix months parsing for some locales
2.11.0 See full changelog
Release January 4, 2016
- #2624 Proper handling of invalid moments
- #2634 Fix strict month parsing issue in cs,ru,sk
- #2735 Reset the locale back to ‘en’ after defining all locales in min/locales.js
- #2702 Week rework
- #2746 Changed September Abbreviation to “Sept” in locale-specific english files and default locale file
- #2641 Implement basic format and comma as ms separator in ISO 8601
- #2665 Implement stricter weekday parsing
- #2700 Add [Hh]mm and [Hh]mmss formatting tokens, so you can parse 123 with hmm for example
- #2565 #2835 Expose arguments used for moment creation with creationData (fix #2443)
- #2648 fix issue #2640: support instanceof operator
- #2709 Add isSameOrAfter and isSameOrBefore comparison methods
- #2721 Fix moment creation from object with strings values
- #2740 Enable ‘d hh:mm:ss.sss’ format for durations
- #2766 #2833 Alternate Clock Source Support
- Release July 28, 2015
#2515 Fix regression introduced
2.10.5 related to
2.10.5 See full changelog
- Release July 26, 2015
- #2357 Improve unit bubbling for ISO dates this fixes day to year conversions to work around end-of-year (~365 days). As a side effect 365 days is 11 months and 30 days, and 366 days is one year.
- #2438 Fix inconsistent moment.min and moment.max results Return invalid result if any of the inputs is invalid
- #2494 Fix two digit year parsing with YYYY format This brings the benefits of YY to YYYY
- #2368 perf: use faster form of copying dates, across the board improvement
2.10.3 See full changelog
Release May 13, 2015
- new locales (Sinhalese (si), Montenegrin (me), Javanese (ja))
- performance improvements
Release April 9, 2015
fixed moment-with-locales in browser env caused by esperanto change
- regression: Add moment.duration.fn back
Ported code to es6 modules.
2.9.0 See full changelog
- Release January 8, 2015
- 2074 Implement
- 2088 add moment.fn.isBetween
- 2054 Call updateOffset when creating moment (needed for default timezone in moment-timezone)
- 1893 Add moment.isDate method
- 1825 Implement toJSON function on Duration
- 1809 Allowing moment.set() to accept a hash of units
- 2128 Add firstDayOfWeek, firstDayOfYear locale getters
- 2131 Add quarter diff support
Some bugfixes and language improvements – full changelog
2.8.4 See full changelog
- Release November 19, 2014
- #2000 Add LTS localised format that includes seconds
- #1960 added formatToken ‘x’ for unix offset in milliseconds #1938
- #1965 Support 24:00:00.000 to mean next day, at midnight.
- #2002 Accept ‘date’ key when creating moment with object
- #2009 Use native toISOString when we can
Some bugfixes and language improvements – full changelog
- Release September 5, 2014
- #1801 proper pluralization for Arabic
- #1833 improve spm integration
- #1871 fix zone bug caused by Firefox 24
- #1882 Use hh:mm in Czech
- #1883 Fix 2.8.0 regression in duration as conversions
- #1890 Faster travis builds
- #1892 Faster isBefore/After/Same
- #1848 Fix flaky month diffs
- #1895 Fix 2.8.0 regression in moment.utc with format array
- #1896 Support setting invalid instance locale (noop)
- #1897 Support moment([str]) in addition to moment([int])
- Release August 22, 2014
- #1874 use
- #1873 add
- #1859 better month/weekday names in norwegian
- #1812 meridiem parsing for greek
- #1804 spanish del -> de
- #1800 korean LT improvement
Release August 1, 2014
bugfix #1813: fix moment().lang([key]) incompatibility
2.8.0 See changelog
Release July 31, 2014
- incompatible changes
- #1761: moments created without a language are no longer following the global language, in case it changes. Only newly created moments take the global language by default. In case you’re affected by this, wait, comment on #1797 and wait for a proper reimplementation
- #1642: 45 days is no longer “a month” according to humanize, cutoffs for month, and year have changed. Hopefully your code does not depend on a particular answer from humanize (which it shouldn’t anyway)
- #1784: if you use the human readable English datetime format in a weird way (like storing them in a database) that would break when the format changes you’re at risk.
- deprecations (old behavior will be dropped in 3.0)
langis renamed to
localeData. Also there is now
defineLocalethat should be used when creating new locales
subtract(unit, value)are now deprecated. Use
- #1759 rename
duration.toISOString. The js standard library and moment’s
toISOStringfollow that convention.
- new locales
- bugfixes, locale bugfixes, performance improvements, features
2.7.0 See changelog
Release June 12, 2014
2.6.0 See changelog
Release April 12 , 2014
- #1419, #1468, #1467, #1546 better handling of timezone-d moments around DST
- #1462 add weeksInYear and isoWeeksInYear
- #1475 support ordinal parsing
- #1499 composer support
- #1577, #1604 put Date parsing in moment.createFromInputFallback so it can be properly deprecated and controlled in the future
- #1545 extract two-digit year parsing in moment.parseTwoDigitYear, so it can be overwritten
- #1590 (see #1574) set AMD global before module definition to better support non AMD module dependencies used in AMD environment
- #1589 remove global in Node.JS environment (was not working before, nobody complained, was scheduled for removal anyway)
- #1586 support quarter setting and parsing
- 18 bugs fixed
Release January 22, 2014
- #1392 Armenian (hy-am)
- #1429 fixes #1423 weird chrome-32 bug with js object creation
- #1421 remove html entities from Welsh
- #1418 fixes #1401 improved non-padded tokens in strict matching
- #1417 fixes #1404 handle buggy moment object created by property cloning
- #1398 fixes #1397 fix Arabic-like week number parsing
- #1396 add leftZeroFill(4) to GGGG and gggg formats
- #1373 use lowercase for months and days in Catalan
- #1374 run tests on multiple browser/os combos via SauceLabs and Travis
2.5.0 See changelog
Release Dec 24, 2013
- New languages
- 22 bugfixes
Release Oct 27, 2013
- Deprecate globally exported moment, will be removed in next major
- New languages
- Release Oct 9, 2013
Removed a trailing comma  and fixed a bug with
weekdays getters #1171.
2.3.0 See changelog
- Release Oct 7, 2013
Changed isValid, added strict parsing. Week tokens parsing.
- Release Sep 12, 2013
Fixed bug in string prototype test. Updated authors and contributors.
2.2.0 See changelog
- Release Sep 11, 2013
Added bower support.
Language files now use UMD.
Creating moment defaults to current date/month/year.
Added a bundle of moment and all language files.
2.1.0 See changelog
- Release Jul 8, 2013
Added better week support.
Added ability to set offset with
Added ability to set month or weekday from a string.
2.0.0 See changelog
- Release Feb 9, 2013
Added short form localized tokens.
Added ability to define language a string should be parsed in.
Added support for reversed add/subtract arguments.
Added support for
Fixed the logic for
moment#diff(Moment, 'months') and
moment#diff now floors instead of rounds.
Added better week support.
Bugfix: Fixed parsing of first century dates
Bugfix: Parsing 10Sep2001 should work as expected
Bugfix: Fixed weirdness with
Changed language ordinal method to return the number + ordinal instead of just the ordinal.
Changed two digit year parsing cutoff to match strptime.
moment#eod in favor of
moment.humanizeDuration() in favor of
Removed the lang data objects from the top level namespace.
Date passed to
moment() instead of referencing it.
1.7.2 See discussion
- Release Oct 2, 2012
1.7.1 See discussion
- Release Oct 1, 2012
1.7.0 See discussion
- Release Jul 26, 2012
Added validation via
Made formatting method 3x faster. http://jsperf.com/momentjs-cached-format-functions
Add support for month/weekday callbacks in
Added instance specific languages.
Added two letter weekday abbreviations with the formatting token
Various language updates.
1.6.0 See discussion
- Release Apr 26, 2012
Revamped parser to support parsing non-separated strings (YYYYMMDD vs YYYY-MM-DD).
Added support for millisecond parsing and formatting tokens (S SS SSS)
Added a getter for
There are a few things deprecated in the 1.6.0 release.
The format tokens
zz(timezone abbreviations like EST CST MST etc) will no longer be supported. Due to inconsistent browser support, we are unable to consistently produce this value. See this issue for more background.
moment.fn.nativeis deprecated in favor of
moment.fn.toDate. There continue to be issues with Google Closure Compiler throwing errors when using
native, even in valid instances.
The way to customize am/pm strings is being changed. This would only affect you if you created a custom language file. For more information, see this issue.
1.5.0 See milestone
- Release Mar 20, 2012
Added UTC mode.
Added automatic ISO8601 parsing.
1.4.0 See milestone
- Release Feb 4, 2012
moment.fn.toDate as a replacement for
moment.fn.eod to get the start and end of day.
1.3.0 See milestone
- Release Jan 5, 2012
Added support for parsing month names in the current language.
Added escape blocks for parsing tokens.
moment.fn.calendar to format strings like ‘Today 2:30 PM’, ‘Tomorrow 1:25 AM’, and ‘Last Sunday 4:30 AM’.
moment.fn.day as a setter.
1.2.0 See milestone
- Release Dec 7, 2011
Added timezones to parser and formatter.
moment.fn.zone to get the timezone offset in minutes.
1.1.2 See milestone
- Release Nov 18, 2011
1.1.1 See milestone
- Release Nov 12, 2011
Added time specific diffs (months, days, hours, etc)
- Release Oct 28, 2011
moment.fn.format localized masks. ‘L LL LLL LLLL’ issue 29
Fixed issue 31.
- Release Oct 18, 2011
moment.version to get the current version.
window !== undefined when checking if module exists to support browserify. issue 25
Added convenience methods for getting and setting date parts.
Added better support for
Added better lang support in NodeJS.
Renamed library from underscore.date to Moment.js
- Release Oct 12, 2011
Added Portuguese, Italian, and French language support
- Release Sep 21, 2011
Added _date.lang() support. Added support for passing multiple formats to try to parse a date. _date(“07-10-1986”, [“MM-DD-YYYY”, “YYYY-MM-DD”]); Made parse from string and single format 25% faster.
- Release Jul 11, 2011
- Release Jun 17, 2011
Bugfix for issue 5.
- Release Jun 13, 2011
Dropped the redundant
_date.date() in favor of
_date.now(), as it is a duplicate of
_date() with no parameters.
Exposed customization options through the
_date.ordinal variables instead of the
- Release May 9, 2011
Added date input formats for input strings.
- Release May 9, 2011
Added underscore.date to npm. Removed dependencies on underscore.
- Release Apr 9, 2011
_.date().format(). Cleaned up some redundant code to trim off some bytes.
- Release Mar 25, 2011
Cleaned up the namespace. Moved all date manipulation and display functions to the _.date() object.
- Release Mar 25, 2011
Switched to the Underscore methodology of not mucking with the native objects’ prototypes. Made chaining possible.
Changed date names to be a more pseudo standardized ‘dddd, MMMM Do YYYY, h:mm:ss a’.
Changed function names to be more concise. Changed date format from php date format to custom format.